Requires the base game
in order to play.
This product installs and requires the Steam Client to play.
StarDrive sets a new benchmark for the ‘4X Space Strategy’ genre. Starting with a single planet and a small number of space-worthy you must venture forth into the galaxy, conquer new worlds, build new colonies and defend your very existence against those who would take what is yours. How you play is your decision. Use diplomacy or brute force. Trade, spy and research you way to galactic domination. Make friends, or create mortal enemies…
StarDrive takes a modular approach to ship design, allowing the player to create custom ships where the composition and placement of ship modules really matters to the performance of a ship. In combat, if your portside armour is taking a beating, then rotate around and show them the starboard side! Hide behind a friendly capital ship’s shields; warp into and out of the fray, launch fighters, lay mines, and so much more.
- Real time gameplay with a seamless zoom from a grand strategic view to close-up action view.
- Choose from 8 beautifully rendered alien races or design your own to lead into the stars; interact, negotiate and forge allegiances on your way to victory.
- Expand your empire and colonise all kinds of planets, terraform and populate them and build them into specialised centres of trade or industry.
- Explore the rich universe that comes alive with random events, remnant elements, hidden treasures, deep space terrors and late-game threats.
- Create custom fleet formations and set rules of engagement in the easy-to-use fleet editor.
- Research and unlock an array of new technologies to improve your military and industrial technology.
- Control your ships with classic real time strategy commands or jump into the fray by taking direct ‘arcade’ control of any ship in your empire.
- Create your unique ship designs with the modular ship design system and determine your own fate in battle.
- Deploy ground troops from orbit to defeat the enemies’ last planetary defences in ground combat.
This title is available for purchase in American Samoa, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Falkland Islands (Malvinas), French Guiana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Jamaica, Japan, Korea, Democratic People's Republic of, Korea, Republic of, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Macao, Malaysia, Mexico, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Singapore, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, Suriname, Taiwan, Province of China, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela and Vietnam.
FREE BONUS ITEMS INCLUDED
MOST RECENT USER REVIEWS ON GAMEFLY
No reviews yet.
MOST HELPFUL USER REVIEWS ON GAMEFLY
No reviews yet.
||Microsoft® Windows®XP SP3/Vista/7™
||Intel® Pentium® IV 2.4 GHz or equivalent AMD 3500+
||NVIDIA® GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon® X1900 (Please Note: integrated Intel graphic card/chips not supported)
|Minimum Hard Drive
||DirectX® 9.0c compatible sound card
||Mouse, Keyboard and Sound Speaker