Publisher: Nordic Games
Release Date: 02/20/2007,
ESRB: Everyone 10 Plus
The Infinite War Must End.
Set in the 37th century, Supreme Commander signals the next evolution in the RTS genre by being the first strategy game to deliver a truly strategic and tactical experience. You direct one of three warring human factions, the Aeon Illuminate, the Cybran Nation or the United Earth Federation, as their Supreme Commander, the ultimate power on the battlefield.
The conflicts you fight are won or lost because of strategies devised and executed by you on the field of battle. It'll take every ounce of your strategic might to successfully unleash and direct a war machine comprised of hundreds of advanced, futuristic weapons across land, sea and in the air. Challenging you for galactic supremacy are some of the most cunning and intelligent enemies ever seen in an RTS game. Enemies that will fight to the death for every scrap of territory and show no mercy.
Aiding you in your war effort is a dynamic and revolutionary camera system that lets you instantly zoom in and out of location on the map and direct your forces accordingly.
- Planetary warfare on a Galactic scale - zoom from the tactical unit level all the way out to full theatre of war in one seamless motion. Includes full naval, ground and air combat.
- 3 unique factions that each appeal to different player personalities with approximately 80 units/structures per faction.
- 3 story-driven single-player campaigns with a detailed and rich back ground history that weaves into gameplay.
- Intuitive & customizable gameplay interface with unsurpassed command and control features let you quickly and efficiently maneuver troops across the battle field. Also includes dual-monitor support!
- Robust multiplayer gaming with up to 8 players online plus co-op mode.
- Full-on community support including map and mission editor, downloadable content and instant battle replay features.